Friday 19 October 2012

OUGD403: Tracing the Letters/Name Badge

Following the illustrator tracings, which I did from the drawn designs, I've now come to the final stages of this part of the brief. I've enlarged the images substantially to A1 size. The quality is contained as the letter forms are all Vector format. The letters were laid out in Illustrator, I came across a few clashing ascenders and descenders, however, a few adjustments, and it seems to look good. Sadly, I've had to print out the letters on many sheets of A3 and stick them together, but this wasn't a major issue.


Image of the letter forms printed out on A3, assembled together into an almost A1 size sheet of paper. Which I then layered a sheet of A1 tracing paper on-top  secured, and began tracing the letters, as you can see below.


The image tracing was a lengthy task, taking the best part of 4 hours to make sure the stokes around the tricky curves and spirals were as accurate as possible. I also had to use a very fine nib of pen to accurately navigate the lines around the shapes of the spirals in the letterforms. 


Finally, we had to design a name badge as part of the brief. Click here to see the name badge research. I designed it on Adobe Illustrator, and printed on textured brown card, which I reenforced with white card on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment