- Album cover design
- It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be
- Whatever you Think, Think the Opposite
Look out the window and whatever catches your eye, a bird, television ariel, an old man on crutch or whatever, make that the solution to your problem.
- Take a break, and look on something with a fresh perspective.
Do not seek praise, seek criticism
- Rather than asking if something is good, ask what isn't good.
- Things you can resolve and build upon.
Ask questions like "Can you find fault with this?"
Don't give a speech, put on a show.
- When you're presenting work; rather than talking, put on a show. Think about how you're presenting
With your work, Astonish people. That's what is going to make you achieve what you want to achieve.
"If you can't solve a problem, it's because you're playing by the rules".
- 99% of the time, you should follow the rules
- but sometimes you need to think outside the box.
When presenting work, put the idea in a situation where i could be used, and how it would look if produced.
Mock things up, practice your craft skills, clients prefer to have something physical.
Make links with other people with specific skill sets, and utilise them, when creating your work.
Show the colour codes (Hex, CMYK, RGB) and the fonts which would be used in the work.
Scan things in, put them together on design boards, put things together. And submit them.