Monday 24 March 2014

OUGD505: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Product, Range & Distribution // Final Publication Leaves

Following the final critique for the publication, I've created the final-final leaves for the publication. I've made alterations based on the feedback from the critique.
The alterations I've made go as follows.


On the le mans results page, I've separated the results up, doing this makes them easier to differentiate and read the results. Adding spacing between the results achieves this. I also moved the additional information down, lowered the point size and then adjusted the tint of the type, to make it less visible, as not to draw away from the main content, the results. 


Speaking with Phil following the crit, he recommend I break up the text with line breaks, rather than with indentations. I tried this throughout the publication, and I think it works better. It makes the text flow better; and it has an overall more appealing visual quality, as it breaks it up, making it look less daunting to read, rather than a huge block of text. 


This works especially well on the larger more content filled pages, such as the main history page. 


On this page I moved the images and type around slightly, as I was told that the grid system I've used has a few inconsistencies, so I rearranged the images to allow them to fit the grid. I also justified the type left and right for type which fits within the same column as an image - which should improve the definition of the grid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment