Wednesday 22 January 2014

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // YCN - Fredrigoni

As my YCN brief, I'm decided to change from the Effect Brief to the Fredrigoni brief.


This brief is very straight forward in what it is asking you to produce. I wants a desk calendar, which promotes and features Fedrigoni and their stocks. Whilst providing contact information at the same time. Aimed at Graphic Designs, whom have an interest in stock and fine quality papers. Which I am and I do. In a nut shell, it's clear what it's asking my to produce. Because of this, it gives me more time to focus on my design and concept, rather than faffing around trying to nail down my audience and purpose. Like I was in Effect.

However, of course I know there's a larger audience than just the audience stated on the brief, I have to engage the honchos at Fedrigoni, and the judges at YCN. Fedrigoni claim they're doing this for promotion, but what they're trying to do is make themselves sound less boring: They sell paper, it's about as boring as it gets, that want to make themselves appear fun and interesting, by creating a fun and interesting desk calendar. It's also extremely cheap for them, instead of commissioning a design agency to do the work for them, they have instead put a competition out for a bunch of students to do it for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment