Thursday 9 January 2014

OUGD503: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Individual Practice // Secret 7 (2014) Digital Creation

I began to digitally create the hob caps, in Illustrator. In my layouts I created, I wanted a flat looking hub cap, something which looks elegant and still communicates what it is. 


This one is the most similar to the scamp. I traced it from an image of a hub from a 70's American Muscle car, which I think identifies most with the song. The flat design. However, you can really tell what it is. So, I went back to the drawing board.


This one isn't so similar to the scamp, it's more 3D, however it's made with the same technique as the one above. However, this one is more recognisable as a hub cap. Sadly, when I asked around, some people thought it was a roulette thing. When I added the star and the screw, it made it more obvious it was a hub cap. 


This is probably going to be the final design. I added a breaker underneath the hub cab, to make use of the space. I changed the background colour from white, to an off-white grey, so the design doesn't look so plain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment