Wednesday 8 January 2014

OUGD504: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Design for Print // Screen Printing Book Inners

For the inside of my publication I planned to screen print to the different colour modes, the metallics and the fluorescence. I exposed my screen a few days ago, so I could print during the drop in hours at Rossington Street's print room.  


After a few test prints and experimentations I managed to slightly ruin my screen, a few specs of ink we coming through the screen, but it looked alright. 


I managed to get around 30 perfect test prints, with a few experimentations too. Flawlessly, I decided to go for the print in the real thing. In short, this was a bad idea. 


Somehow, the emulsion managed to stick to the stock, and rip the paper, whilst taking half the emulsion with it. It was quite a disaster. In a way, it does look quite cool, however it's ruined the stock, and the print on the other side, which I kind of needed. 


As you can see, on the back the paper has thinned, you can see the previous page beneath it. It looks sloppy, and i'll have to re-do it for the submission. This could not have gone worse. I hate my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment