Tuesday 11 February 2014

OUGD503 STUDIO BRIEF 2 - Creative Partners // YCN Champneys - Deciding the Audience

Following my research, looking at the format of Champneys, I decided to flesh out our options for our audience. Looking at our audience will give us a clear direction of who we need to cater for when we're designing. 


I began to flesh out their initial specified target market, they want to attract 16-25 year olds, typically students. However, it following my research into the Champneys brand, this didn't seem feasible. It's far too expensive and quite tedious for a younger person to organise. 


 I then had a small brain wave, rather than specifically targeting the target market, I thought it would be better and more effective to target a market in their existing audience, parents of 16-25 year olds, who will lie within their '35-65, female' current market. Targeting the mothers of students, perhaps designing a method to convince them to treat their daughter (or son) to a spa day as a treat, a reward, a break from their studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment