Monday 24 February 2014

OUGD505: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Product, Range & Distribution // Failed Test Prints

Unfortunately, the test prints didn't work out too well. The main issue is the image colours, I'm very confused as to what has happened, the document shows one colour, the colours I intend to print with, then as I export the document to PDF, the image colours change. The images all darken, like they're a duo tone image with green and black - whereas one of the images goes neon green. I'm going to investigate the issues here.

Another issue I've had with the printing is the bleed and crop marks - because I printed the image as a PDF it put crop and bleed marks around the edge of every page, rather than every spread, causing a break in some of the images, which is not what I wanted. I fix this by printing directly from the inDesign document. Which I will try tomorrow, and I don't have a HDD large enough to hold all the images. Hopefully, printing from the inDesign document will also solve the colour distortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment