Wednesday 19 February 2014

OUGD505: STUDIO BRIEF 1 - Product, Range & Distribution // Final Layout Designs

I've spend the majority of today working on the final layouts for my publication. I developed a grid system, experimenting with different variations of columns and grids. To find the optimal grid for the layout of my content. I developed how my content would be laid out across the allocated 16 pages. Designating a certain number of pages for each subject I'm including within my publication. 


The first page of the publication will feature the Aston Martin racing logo, and a short piece of introductory text, explaining the publication and it's purpose. 


The second page will feature a large powerful image, with the Aston Martin tagline 'power beauty soul', overlaying the image. Doing this will really start the publication off, the using the image to convey the emotions which are associated with Aston martin. To the right will begin the history portion of the publication. 


Continuing the history section of the publication, using some images, to illustrate the moments in history, making it sound more interesting, more exciting, using the images and type to form an accurate mental image of how Aston Martin Racing came about. 


More history, which will take up the majority of the publication, using another image to illustrate the history, to work with the type. 


The following page is a image, it will be the centre fold of the publication, so I can utilise this space for a large image. It also works to break up the publication, to show that we're leaving history, and moving onto the next topic. 


I've dedicate a spread to the cars which are used in AMR today. Four images, displayed horizontally, to complement the shape and form of the car, underneath in the columns are four columns, one for each image. 


I then allocated a page to the teams, as there as so many teams, it would take a whole publication in itself to speak about them all, so I think it would be best to categorise the teams, as I have done in my development, and keeping the team information brief. The adjacent page will contain a large image, to break up the content. 


The final spread of the publication displays the feats of Aston Martin racing. I've used the central row to display and image, spanning across the two pages, an almost cinemascope image, which compliments the speeds of AMR, by using the horizontal, streamline space. 


The final page of the publication is for the closing thoughts, the conclusion, and the closing statements to the publication, I don't want to overload my content on this page, as I want the publication to have a light ending. My research and early scamps depict this layout for the lighter-content pages, and I think applying it on this page would be more suitable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment